Originally posted on 11/11/2013 by Michael
Using harsh chemicals like bleach, chlorine and other household solvents can cause permanent damage to your jewellery. Harsh chemicals can be damaging to the polish and the finish of your jewellery often leaving your precious stones looking dull. You should also avoid using nail polish remover, hairspray and anything other than genuine jewellery cleaning solutions.
Cleaning diamond jewellery
You can care for your diamond jewellery by soaking it in warm water and use a bit of dish washing detergent to scrub behind the diamond using a tooth brush. Then rinse in warm water in order to remove all the residue and allow it to dry.
Care for your pearls
In order to care for pearls you need to wipe them thoroughly using a soft cloth after every time you wear them in order to remove perfume residue and natural oil from your skin.